Advice and restrictions
The pandemic is not over, but we are in a new situation. Your choice made a difference in the past – keep making a difference and keep getting vaccinated against covid-19. You still have a personal responsibility to protect yourself and others from the spread of infection.
Vaccination is the most effective way to avoid becoming seriously ill or dying in covid-19. Vaccination can also reduce the spread of infection in society.
- Do not wait to get vaccinated. It protects you and others and that is the most important thing you can do.
- Get vaccinated also if you have had covid-19.
- Everyone who is 12 years and older is offered vaccine in two doses.
- Everyone 18 years and older is offered a third dose of vaccine as a supplement.
At least three months should have passed between the second and third doses.
- If you are at least 18 years old and have a severely weakened immune system due to illness or treatment, or if you are over 80 years, a fourth dose of vaccine is recommended at least three months after the third dose. Consult a doctor if you don't know if this applies to you.
- Vaccination follows the Swedish Public Health Agency's recommendations and priorities.
- Vaccine against covid-19 is voluntary and free of charge.
- All vaccines are effective and protect against covid-19.
In Västerbotten, only mRNA vaccine is used and you cannot choose which vaccine you get.
Region Västerbotten/1177 Vårdguiden
The Public Health Agency